This is my planter. It took me many tries to get it to look perfect. It took me about a week to get one that didn't look like a baby monkey made it. The inside of the planter was a little thick but I wasn't sure how to make the inside thinner without messing the whole project up. But the glaze went on thick and even so i am happy with the out come of that. the depth of the project is compromised with the color used, it looks smaller on the inside of the outside wall.
These are my two bowls, the second one is much bigger than the first one. The glaze on the first one was meant to be all brown but i put it on the wrong shelf and someone else put green glaze on it before realizing it wasn't theirs. The bowl is very even and smooth and the lip is not cracked and is not too thick. The second bowl is my favorite thing I have made so far. The lip is pretty thin so i was very worried that it was going to crack or break but thankfully it didn't. the glaze is a very fun glaze and the white makes the bowl bigger in the inside and the stripes on the outside makes the bowl look taller than it is. The inside has a little ring from my fingers but it works with the glaze.
This is my cup with a pulled handle. The handle and the lip of the cup cracked quite a bit during the glazing process so it is kind of rough to the touch. But everything else about the cup is fine, the footing is even, the glaze is a little splotchy but over all the color of it gives the cup more depth than it has. When I was making this cup I wanted it to be rounder than a cup normally is and I think i pulled it off quite well but because of the glaze it does not look as round or as smooth as it really is.
This is the frankin pot that I made with Olivia and Kara. I made the base of the pot and pieced together the three cylinders. The middle section was originally dropped so we had to make another middle very fast and then put it on only to realize that it was not the right size leaving a bump in the middle of the pot. Personally i am a fan of the glaze because the way it was put on made the dent in the middle look smaller that it really was.
This is my small vase from the first quarter. It is a lot smaller than I originally intended because I broke the original one when it was still on the wheel so i decided I would just make a smaller one. There are two different patterns on the vase because I first put the dots and brown streak on but I did not have anything down underneath it. I dipped it in clear glaze but the next day I thought it was a white glaze so i quickly put the green streaks on it. The color on the inside makes it look much bigger on the inside than it really is. I did manage to choke what clay there was but as i went to foot it i pressed too hard on one side so it is now a little uneven in the middle but over all it isn't too bad. It took me longer than expected to get it out of the kiln because i lost it on the glazing shelves for a couple weeks.
This is my second bowl. The process of making the bowl was not new to me but it was still challenging. The hardest thing for me to do to while making the bowl was pulling the sides up. I was able to pull the sides up to where I wanted only to have it be uneven, I later trimmed that part off. I was able to choke the bowl to make up for what I had to trim off. When I went to glaze the bowl I didn't really know what colors where what. The inside creates a lot of negative space that makes the bowl look deeper and bigger than it really is which is nice. The scale of the bowl is a little off and the top of the bowl is not so even. When i was footing the bottom it was a lot thinner than i thought so the bottom is very thin and before it was glazed you could push on the bottom and it would begin to cave but after it was glazed it was fine.