For my first theme poject I wanted to challenge myself and make bigger projects with one piece of clay instead of two. My theme for these is scale, these are large projects for me but when you put them up to large projects they seem smaller. I only have two because my third was put into a quick bisque and wasnt dry enough so the bottom of it popped off. The project on the right was the first one pulled. It was pretty centered and I used all of the clay that I put on the bat. For the glaze, I used white, blue, and shaddow green to get the mix of colors i did. I put too much glaze on it though and it all ran to the bottom and got stuck on the bottom of the kiln. The project on the left is the second one i threw. I used a larger chunk of clay and I got a bigger project with it. I first dipped it in a blue and then did the top half in black. It turned out green and brown because it was put into the cone 10 kiln and it was too hot for the regular glazes so it boiled the black which left the spots that dont have glaze on it. But it still is big and pretty :)
This is my double walled project. While i was throwing and attaching the walls, the project caved in and gave me this form. At first I wasnt sure that i wanted to still use this because it fell but I ended up liking it. The walls like this give it a unique look and adds movement and shape to the project. I put the holes in to show that it has two walls, but I am not sure what their use or purpose is. For the glaze, I dipped it in speckled Ivory and it reminds me of a darker bamboo glaze thats used for cone 10. This piece gives me an earthy relaxed tone.
This is my set of three. This set came together by accident but I still really like them. I made the purple one first with porcilin and it seemed to me like the perfect little mug. I put it on the bisqu shelf and forgot about it for the longest time. With what I thought was the shape I wanted in my head I threw the other two and realized that the shape was off and it wasn't going to be a true set. But I still like them as a set of small mugs. The mood of the purple one gives me a deep calming sense. The speckled on gives me a fun mood, and the brown one gives me an earthy mood.
This is my team frankenpot finish. For this, Sydney made the base, I made the middle, and Zoe made the top. After the first day when everyone pulled their pieces I connected them together and tried to hide where the pieces came together but it was a little to dry to do so. When the pot came out of the bisque Zoe went a head and glazed it with white and shadow green. She dripped the shadow green on the outside of the pot and gave it a woodsy feel. The drip glaze also gave it an elongating effect.