This is one of my extra peices. This is probably one of my favorite peices that I've done this year. I can't remember what the clay is called, but it is a type of clay that holds together better so you are able to throw bigger peices. So this bowl is pretty big, it's size is the right size to fit a full bag of popcorn into it without it over flowing:). When I was footing this the top part of the bowl broke and I was very sad about it because it was a very pretty shape and it was very cemetrical. But then one of my class mates brought up the ideas to just fill the gap with coils, so i did. I also took out a hole in the bottom of the bowl to make it look more purposeful. I think the glazing goes very well together. I glazed the outside twice because the first time I glazed it, it was very course the first time so the second time I coated it in a clear glaze, but it didn't help very much. It might have something to do with the glaze itself. But overall I think that the two colors work well together and give the bowl a very earthy tone.
this is my Multipeice. I attached the peices when they were wet so it made it a lot harder to keep it centered but for the most part I pulled it off. When I attached the peices together I was able to pull up more and shape it more than the original two cilandiers were. The glaze on it came out too thick and you can see the brush marks from where I applied so it isn't quite the texture that I wanted. The glaze on the inside turned out even though. I used the number seven tool quite a bit to get the shape I wanted at the bottom and over all I'm very happy with how it turned out.
I had two plates but I lost the second one, but they look exactly alike except for the glaze. I love my little plates:). It took me a while to get back into making plates but it was easier than I remember. The plates are both very smooth and very cemetrical. The glaze on this plate is a little uneven but I think it's because I used a brush that had multiple rubber bristles instead of a regular one. The second plate I made had a green glaze that didn't turn out for some reason. The glaze didn't give the plate a shine or a smooth feeling but it showed off the designs I did on the lip unlike this one.
This is an extra project I did. This bowl is rather large, and for the most part centered. The bowl is pretty tall and very smooth which makes me happy:). The glaze didn't turn out at all on the outside. To apply the glaze I dipped the bowl in one half at a time and for some reason it came out way too thick and on one part of the bowl didn't have any glaze on it at all even though I dipped it in the glaze. On the inside of the bowl I had a base of the blue that's on the outside then I poured different color glazes on the inside and moved the bowl around in the direction that I wanted the glaze to go.
this is my set of three. For my set of three I did shorter vauses with a small neck. I honestly love these three peices when they're all sitting next to each other they don't necessarily look alike but they look like they go together well. On the green one it wasn't perfectly centered but I feel like the number 7 tool helped with that. The glaze wasn't thick enough when i applied it but it looks ok. The two toned cause is probably my favorite because of the cemetery from the two colors. The neck could've been pulled up taller but when I went to do it, the neck started to sink into the vause but I still like the shape of it. The taller vause wasn't thrown quite centered so I struggled when it came to pulling it evenly. But the glaze on it is pretty cool because I first applied the base layer of blues no then the stripes. The striped are a turquoise and the green stripe is actually the orange glaze that's on the smaller vause.
This is my team Franken pot. It is a little off centered due to working with people who are new to ceramics. But over all it's good. I made the base and attached all of the peices. I also worked on shaping it and using the number 7 tool to shave down some of the base. The glaze is a little splotchy but it works for this piece. After I footed this piece I pressed in the little shapes on the bottom.
These are my two choice projects. The first one was meant to be a small porsilin lidded project but I lost the lid for it and forgot to make a new one. But over all I like the shape and how smooth it came out. I put a black glaze on the outside and a yellow glaze on the inside with black splatter. The mood of this bowl is very sleek to me. My second choice project is a porsilin bowl. The bowl is a little off centered and I left a little lip on the bottom but it is very smooth. My footing job was done pretty well and even which I am very happy with. The glaze came out very smooth and sleek but I think if I added a darker color to the inside it would've given it more depth.
today my hand and wheel project came out of the kiln. Unforunetly the glaze was too thin when I applied it and came out splotchy. When applying the handle I did it upside down so it looks kinda funky and when attaching the spout o forgot to slip and score so I had to reapply it and it kind of messed it up. But my base structure, footing, and lid turned out very well and even.